Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Outings

Here are a few photos from this summer. 
Adam and myself on the 4th of July!

Here is a plein air painting that I did of a sailboat at Sugarloaf Island.

This is the underpainting.  I use warm colors on areas in the sun and cool colors on areas in the shade.  After the underpainting is done, I go back in and start adding the local color.

As you can see - the tide changed and the boat turned around as I was painting! The exciting thing about plein air painting - things are always changing!!  You've got to paint fast!!!

My dad was my painting partner this day!  It was hot, hot, hot!  Thank goodness for the awesome umbrella Adam got me for Christmas!!

Also - I am currently finishing my master's degree at East Carolina University.  For my final project I am redoing my webpage to include an e-portfolio as well as some of the research I have been doing over the past year and a half.  Check in to see the progress at www.catherineolander.com

No comments: